Sunday, August 19, 2012

Another One Bites the Dust





True to form I have completely ruined yet another potential relationship....this time before it even really started.

At first glance this guy, we'll call him Chile, was great and just my type....not white, a dancer, cute, confident, independent, kind, sweet, romantic.....so of course I went looking for the stuff that would make this thing not work. Typical me!

Let me start from the beginning....our first date was adorable. We got coffee and then walked along the beach holding hands and intermittently kissing. Then we got dinner and spent a LOT of time together. It was a great first date....probably the best first date of my life. I mean that is not saying a lot when your competition is a crystal meth addict, an epileptic, a guy who wouldn't stop talking about tea and India, and the list just goes on, but still it was a good date.

The second date was very cute....too cute. I think this was really the beginning of the end. I know how could the second date be the beginning of the end, but it was. We got pastries at Mike's and then walked down by the Coast Guard Pavilion. Then we got 7-Eleven sodas and walked around Faneuil Hall. Again it was a great date but seemed not real to me. It was a lot of complimenting each other. It was a lot of talking about the future. It was a lot of the things  that freak me out.

The third date I ended up just going to his house and getting pizza and watching a movie. He had two, maybe three drinks, and was DRUNK.....I mean like the drunk girl at prom drunk. He started spilling his guts. He revealed his true feelings for me. Told me he wanted to be my boyfriend and meet my family. He told me he talked about me with his family. At the time I didn't think much of it, but the next morning I began FREAKING out!

Seriously after three dates you threw out the boyfriend word. WHAT the FUCK?!?!? I was in full on panic mode the next morning drinking coffee in my apartment. What was I thinking going on three dates in one week? How could this guy ever be my boyfriend?

He was gay and out, which was a nice change for me, but when I say he was gay and out I mean he was GAY and OOOOOOOUUUUUUUTTTTTT!!! It was a little much for me. He really has no direction in his life right now. He is immature in terms of being with other people in a relationship of any kind. So at this point I wasn't going to throw on the brakes and jump under the train, but I was definitely signaling to the conductor to slow it down. And then shit hit the fan......

So recently I got a new puppy and it died. In response to this news Chile thought it would be appropriate to send me naked pictures with a message, Please Don't Take these the Wrong Way. Seriously, don't take these the wrong way? What the FUCK does that even mean? I just told you my puppy died, why would a picture of your cock be your first response? In what fucked up little universe does that make sense to you? Rather than say those things I simply typed an ellipses.

I then got a series of very angry text messages about how I was ruining what we had. Now here is the thing.....what could we have possibly had after three dates? This guy was nuts. That was the final straw.

True to form I tried to let him down easy. Get a cup of coffee and do the its not you its me thing. Which is entirely true. It isn't him....it's me, I don't want to be with someone who is a nutcase and gets that serious that quickly, regardless of the puppy incident.

Once again I have gotten rid of a perfectly good candidate it just about a week because of some very ridiculous reasons. I'm beginning to wonder though if it is really my fault. I mean am I a commitment-phobe, or am I just a crazy magnet. Maybe its not me, but the types of people I attract. Or maybe it is just me. Either way I guess we shall continue to see and you shall continue to read the musings of a single guy in Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment