Sunday, February 9, 2014

Meeting the Roommates

So I am back from FaceBiter's place and I am happy to report that it went really well. I got there a little after 7:30p as promised with a bottle of wine. We started cooking right away, well he started cooking and I chopped up some onions. While he was cooking I was just watching him in his element enjoying a glass of wine and talking it. It was pretty nice. Then throughout the time that we were making dinner, not I am using the word we very loosely here, his roommates trickled in one by one.

He lives with three different guys. One is a really nice but quiet Canadian. He has a girlfriend, but she lives in Canada....and I also think that maybe that song from the musical Avenue Q applies here so I am putting the video below for you all to enjoy:
In addition to the Canadian roommate he also has a Jewish roommate from Michigan who is pretty awkward and hipster like. He is probably the most MITesque of everyone in the apartment....He was wearing a snap button down with Unicorns patched onto the shoulders. And then there is a another roommate who actually shares my name but is from TX and has actually worked in the oil industry as well. His roommates are all really nice and seem to be just genuinely good people. In addition to his roommates I also got to meet his best girlfriend who is a fairly quiet Ginger.

Dinner was wonderful...a seafood and chicken risotto and a spinach salad. Everyone ate around the kitchen table family style and it was nice to get a feel for what he was like with his friends. I was doing my best to get along with everyone.

At some point I was made to sign an American flag that is hanging in their living room. It is apparently a tradition for anyone who comes into their house to sign the flag and then indicate where in the US/world they are from originally. I was actually glad to see that FaceBiter got along so well with his roommates. I definitely felt like a couple times my interaction with the FaceBiter was one of the first times they had ever seen two gay guys interact.

We ended up watching Team America (I know what a stupid movie) after dinner just for something to do. FaceBiter put his arm around me during the movie and one of his roommates made a comment (bro-shit) and he left his arm there and just sort of chuckled. When the movie was over all of his friends sort of filed out of the room and he turned and started making out with me. I kept kissing him for a little while and then realize I had to be getting home and I gave him a final peck good night and headed out.

Overall I think meeting his friends went over pretty well. I suppose only time will tell but I think that this may be a better match than I had at first anticipated. Hanging out together among his friends definitely seems to work. Going out to dinner also seems to work. The sex stuff needs to be worked out, but I'm sure with time that will come. The only other things to test out are how he does with my friends which is always a bit more difficult and how he does out together to some place besides dinner.

Well that's my update for now....

Until Next Time!
Chau!!

No comments:

Post a Comment