Monday, June 3, 2013

Summertime and the Livin is Easy.....So Far...

Its officially the beginning of June which means that it is officially the beginning of summer....And so far I have nothing to really report.

I recently graduated...YAY!!....and started a new job that is sort of an old job, but in either sense I haven't really had time for dating lately. The good news is that I am now officially a nurse and officially a grown up and officially still alone, but its all good.

Oddly enough I recently downloaded Grindr to my work phone so that we can use it for targeted outreach for at-risk gay guys. I've got to tell you that seeing Grindr in real life makes me so happy that I never used it in my personal life. I mean I can definitely understand the convenience of such an app, but just the thought of randomly fucking someone who I just met online without even so much as going for a drink first is just something that I'm not interested in....does that make me a prude? I don't think so, but I guess its all in your own perspective.

The Harvard Gaymer and I still talk pretty regularly. I told my friends about him and let them read some of the texts between the two of us and they all think that I need to give him a chance. Honestly he is pretty awesome. He is nice, a total dork, and really smart and super into me.....all positive attributes. I keep coming back to the fact that he isn't out and he is a virgin though. So maybe I am being ridiculous in thinking that because he is a virgin I can't continue dating him, but I really can't continue dating someone who is in the closet. I've been there and tried that and I KNOW it DOES NOT work! It might work for some people, but I am way too comfortable with myself to allow the person I am dating to not be okay with their own sexuality. Maybe I am over-thinking everything....I think I am just going to see what happens with this one. I'm still not going to limit myself, but I am definitely going to stay in contact.

In other interesting news....Mereb randomly facebook messaged me yesterday asking how my summer is going. I'm not really sure how I should take this.... In addition to the random facebook message I also learned a few months ago that another nurse and I are eskimo brothers via Mereb and it is quite possible that we were seeing him at the same time. So yea....

I don't want to be rude to Mereb, because that really isn't my style, but this time around I am definitely keeping my guard up. I'm not going to just let him in....I'm going to show him that he did FIX me a little bit.....I know enough now not to think he is a nice and kind as he lets on when he messages me.

I'm hoping that this summer I am going to be able to enjoy my life as a new graduate in the city. Make some good life choices and some fun life choices and avoid the poor life choice altogether. I'm going to spend some time at the beach and the bars and see what life has in store for me. You never know who you might meet right?

Until Next Time!

Chau!!

No comments:

Post a Comment