Thursday, April 18, 2013

Why Do People Think I'm a Street Worker?

I went in to visit a nurse friend of mine working at the homeless clinic at MGH today. While I was there one of the homeless women was yelling and screaming about something so loudly I didn't really even understand what she wanted so I asked, "What is it Hun? Can I help you with something? What do you need?"

Then the woman without skipping a beat turned to me and said, "Are you a street worker?" I apparently gave her a confused look and she responded again with, "Well it depends are you a street worker or are you on the medical team?"

That's right in the middle of the waiting room for the homeless clinic one of the patients thought I was a hooker. What is my LIFE??? Why does this keep happening to me? Is it something I say or do? Is it the way I walk?? 

Honestly the funniest part of the whole thing is that there were two options: I was either a hooker or a nurse on the medical team. How appropriate, right?

And with that I am off...

Until next time...

Chau!!

No comments:

Post a Comment