Sunday, March 31, 2013

Home and Old Friends

It is Easter weekend and I am home in my little Massachusetts town spending quality time with my friends and my family. And I am constantly bugged by my lack of an actual relationship ever in my life. I have never brought anyone home. I have never introduced a guy I was dating to any of my friends. I have never introduced a guy I was dating to my family. I have never even told my family that I was dating people. Does this make me weird? Is there something wrong with me?

I guess this is all part of what makes me a true commitment-phobe.....because all I really want is a relationship, but whenever I have the opportunity I find some reason why it can't happen. One of my best friends said tonight that I was a Fault Finder. At first I was totally offended and began defending myself and my dating habits. The truth is....he is right.

I am a Fault Finder, a total Fault Finder, but I don't think there is anything I can do about that really. I also question whether or not that is a bad thing. I think being a Fault Finder helps me to avoid a lot of really bad dating situations.

Then the same friend said something about me being pessimistic. But that is something that I just had to vehemently disagree with. I don't think I am pessimistic about love or relationships. I think I am quite the opposite actually. I am completely and totally hopeful that I have a Prince Charming. One day some guy is going to come sweep me off my feet and be perfect. I am going to know immediately that he is the one. There won't be a question. I won't be worried or scared, I will just know. Until that happens I guess I am going to continue to be a Fault Finder, until someone either proves me wrong, or shows up in my life sans faults.

I might be waiting forever.....maybe I will just get a dog.

Well....

Chau!!

No comments:

Post a Comment